Kirsten and Jen's Knitalong!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

4 more repeats of section 3 to go.


I have dropped my eighth stitch, and am part way into my 9th repeat of section 3. I have a picture here of my Clapotis, although you cant see the eighth drop, since I haven't pulled it down very far yet. I'm making this clapotis for my husbands mother, so I hope she likes it. She told me about a lovely sweater that her sister made for her with a lace shawl collar, and she was so impressed with it that I'm getting nervous about my gift. I don't want to react angrily if she seems less impressed with my knitting. I feel like I'm being silly, but I want my gift to impress her, because she knows that I've started knitting and I want to show her my progress. Maybe I'm just being insecure. Yeah, there's no maybe about it, I am, lol.

Back to my progress:
Since I'm almost finished my first ball of yarn (335yd or 306m) and I'm finished the majority of section 3, I would say I'm in the ballpark of 50% (how do I change that neat little meter?). I'm knitting late into the night now, since during the day I usually have other distractions to attend to, and I need to get some real progress going now. Gifts go out at the latest by the 20th!

2 Comments:

  • I changed you to 60 - anything past repeat #6 of the second section is definitely more than halfway. I think yours is beautiful and she will love it! I think your MIL has shown you she appreciates knitted gifts, not that she's critical of them. You'll do great!

    By Blogger Jen, at 9:08 AM  

  • Looks splendid! And I agree with Jen--she'll love it! Good on ya. I'm attacking many pairs of felted clogs right now and am about to stop reading any blogs at all, because they make me feel bad about my knitting speed, which is affecting my self-image...we can't have that now, can we??

    :o) You're kicking my butt...

    By Blogger ~k, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home