Kirsten and Jen's Knitalong!

Monday, November 21, 2005

Though

If I am already out of one skein, and I've knit (14 rows + (6 12 row repeats) + (2 12 row repeats) +3 rows)...that is, roughly 9.5 12-row repeats...ok, then for rounding's sake, let's say I just did 9 repeats of pattern, then in a perfect world my next skein would do that, except the rows are bigger, and the decrease skein will knit the same amount...that is...humph...(scribble scribble) I need to get 9 total repeats out of my second skein, and I REALLY HOPE I can do that, but I am thinking for safety's sake I ought to get one more, and if I don't need it, it will become socks.

SO

set-up + increase + 2 straight repeats = skein 1 (220 yd)
9 repeats of straight section = skein 2 (220 yd)
decrease + 2 straight repeats = skein 3 (220 yd)

should I get a 4th skein???

Funny, from Grumperina -

crapoteelove

1 Comments:

  • I have no idea. I always end up with 42,000 times more yarn than I need for a project, even when I do everything "right." SO Kirsten is Not The Best To Ask about yarn quantities.

    I must say that I have 4 skeins, but the yarn was purchased for another project...we'll see how much I end up with this time. My excess will also end up as socks.m

    By Blogger ~k, at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home