Kirsten and Jen's Knitalong!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Final Clapotis Update.. I'm almost sad that its done.

Here we go, the picture of the finished clapotis. For size reference, the squares in that rug are 8 inches to a side, so if my math is done correctly, it is about 4.6 feet on either long side. It feels sooo nice to drape around your neck, I wrapped it up with just a little reluctance. This Clapotis is my first big accomplishment in knitting. I learned two new stitches (ktbl and kfb) and how they made dropping stitches on purpose possible. I also (thanks to Jen) took up using life lines, and I actually had to use them once. I have enough left over to make another one! But I think I'll use different colors this time and use the left overs for something else. But honestly, the only thing that made this pattern intermediate was the intimidation factor on that pattern. Once you skim through it, and learn the ktbl and kfb, it turned out to be nice and mellow. My next big thing will be a sweater, maybe. I'll probably wait for Big Girl Knits, or check out knittys sweater selection. I have one of them in mind, but can't remember its name.

3 Comments:

  • YAY YOU! YOU GO GIRL!

    It's beautiful!

    I finished my (Christmas knitting) baby sweater and the Irish Hiking Scarf, so I get to knit Clapotis this week! Whoo hoo!

    By Blogger Jen, at 1:06 PM  

  • Hey! This is beautiful! Congratulations on finishing it!

    I've not made a clapotis yet, but I'm thinking of doing one soon.

    Jeanette http://knittinginsteadofhousework.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Jeanette, at 12:28 PM  

  • Hey! This came out beautiful! Congratulations on finishing it.

    I've not knit a clapotis up, yet, but hope to some time soon.
    Jeanette
    http://knittinginsteadofhousework.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Jeanette, at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home